In 2012 the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine, Institute of Forestry and Park Management, in cooperation with the Global Fire Monitoring Center (GFMC) and the UNECE/FAO Team of Specialists on Forest Fire, financially supported by the Council of Europe (European and Mediterranean Major Hazards Agreement EUR-OPA), decided to establish the Regional Eastern European Fire Monitoring Center (REEFMC). The official inauguration of Regional Eastern European Fire Monitoring Center was held on 4 March 2013.
The aim of the REEFMC:
- Conductiing and coordinating of wildland fire research
- Implementation of research results into fire management policies and practice in the interests of concerned ministries and specialized agencies of Ukraine and neighboring countries in Eastern Europe
- Providing information exchange in the field of wildland fires
- Providing information about latest technological advances in fire management
- Capacity building (training) and advisory services for developing fire management policies, and enhancing local and national fire management capabilities
The REEFMC, in conjunction with the UNECE/FAO Team of Specialists on Forest Fire and the UNISDR Regional Eurasia Wildland Fire Network and the UNISDR Wildland Fire Advisory Group, will cooperate with state agencies, the scientific community and civil society groups on a voluntary basis and through official agreements.
December 1, 2016, 9:00
Voevodino resort, Trans-Carpathian region, Ukraine
September 26, 2016, 9:00
Boyarka city, Kyiv oblast
September 22, 2016, 10:00