Educational and Research Institute of Plant Science, Environment and Biotechnologies is a leading NULES Institution of training specialists in following areas: "Agronomy", "Biotechnology", "Ecology, environmental protection and balanced nature" and "Plant protection" based on modern standards of education, adapted to modern educational and scientific world analogs. It provides training bachelors, masters, and post-graduate students qualified in eight specialties and forty one specialization.
The Institute is active in developing and implementing new technologies and innovations in the areas of agronomy, selection and genetics, fruit and vegetable growing, biotechnology, conservation and nature protection, plants protection. It coordinates researches on current issues of agricultural production and integration of science into production activity in NULES of Ukraine.
The Institute collaborates in educational, scientific and methodological work with leading universities abroad - University of Wageningen (Netherlands), Tokyo University of Agriculture (Japan), Humboldt University (Germany), Warsaw and Lublin University of Life Sciences (Poland), University of Ghent (Belgium), University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (Austria), Louisiana and Iowa University (USA) and many others.
For more than five years, such majors as "Biotechnology", "Ecology, Environmental Protection and Sustainable Use of Nature" and "Plant protection" have had the groups, where students are taught in English. Every year students of the Institute have their practical training in separate research stations of NULES of Ukraine and in the best economies of Germany, France, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland and other countries.
he main activities aims of ERI :
- training specialists for such levels degree Bachelor and Master, Candidates and Doctors of sciences in the respective professions and specializations;
- developing andconducting topical scientific research on priority areas of biology and agricultural science;
- introduction of modern agricultural technologies and biotechnologies, and also other achievements of scientific and technical progress in agricultural production of Ukraine;
- provide a quality educational process, through training, retraining and certification of scientific and pedagogical staff;
- organization and efficient use intellectual logistical capacity of relevant departments and research laboratories;
- development of logistics for training, research, consultancy and information services for agricultural production.