Department of Journalism and Linguistic Communication

Address: Kyiv city, Henerala Rodymtseva Str., 19 (1 academic building), room 23

Tel.: (044) 527-83-63

E-mail: [email protected]

WWW: http://nubip.edu.ua/node/1874

Head of Department:
N.M. Kostritsa

Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor

 

History of Department

      Department of Ukrainian and Classical Languages as a separate scientific and educational subdivision of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine based itself in its formation and development on the best traditions, achievements and up-to-date practices of representatives of traditional schools and present-day researchers, who work in the philological area. We can roughly distinguish the following chronological framework in the history of the department:

     — 1928-1931: – Department of Ukrainian studies of the former Kyiv Agricultural Institute, headed by prof. Mykhailo Drai-Khmara, a talented writer, translator, literary scholar, linguist, polyglot (knew 19 languages), author of the famous books of poetry "Prorosten’" (1926), "Sunny Marches" (did not come into world because of the arrest of its author by the NKVD in 1935. He was serving his sentence in Kolyma, where he tragically died in 1939);

     — 1963-1995: – Department of Russian Language for foreigners. During this period, more than 3000 foreign students, postgraduates and trainees from 58 countries were able to get higher education in the Ukrainian agricultural academy, having perfectly gained proficiency in the Russian language at the department, as well as in other universities of the USSR. Foreign students of non-philological specialties of all the universities of the Soviet Union studied Russian by the curricula and programs, developed by the department staff under supervision of its head, assistant professor A. M. Baranowska.

     — 1996-2002: – the Department of Ukrainian Language and Culture of Communication of the National Agrarian University. At that time the Head of Department assistant professor A.M. Bezpalenko (now doctor of philological sciences, professor) developed the typical program "Ukrainian Language and Culture of Speech" for higher agricultural educational institutions of Ukraine;

     — September, 2002: – Department of Ukrainian Language and Culture of Communication by the rector’s decree was renamed a Department of Ukrainian and English Languages for Veterinary Specialties of the National Agrarian University;

     — September, 2009: – Department of Ukrainian and English Languages for Zoo-veterinary Specialties of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine by the rector’s decree was renamed the M. Drai-Khmara Department of Ukrainian, English and Latin languages;

     — December, 2014: – the M. Drai-Khmara Department of Ukrainian, English and Latin languages due to the reorganization changes in the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine by the rector’s decree (№ 1440 of December, 25) was renamed a Department of Ukrainian and Classical languages.

 STAFF MEMBERS

     Staff consists of 14 people, including 3 doctors of sciences, professors, among them one professor Emeritus, and 7 candidates of sciences, assistant professors.

Regional Educational Institutions (синій)Press-centreTo Applicants (синій)